Friday, February 1, 2008

The Internet Is My Crack!

First, my very first Haiku for Haiku Friday:

Oh, dear internet
Why can't I escape your grip?
Rehab I may need.

How true it is, too. I thought this might be a good time to highlight just a few of the very cool things I have come across on my surfing adventures.

First up... The Shape of a Mother. For those of you other moms who have ever felt, well... like a cow. I know I have! This sight is wonderful... Stop looking at celebrity mommies who are fake, who can afford to spend zillions of dollars mutilating their bodies into looking "perfect." Go here and see Real Moms with Real Bodies!!

Next, because I am a huge sucker for anything artistic and unique, check out Bent Obects. You will be amazed at the creativity that goes into these sculptures!!

While surfing about, I keep seeing all these really cool knitting moms. I always say to myself, ooooh I want to make funky hats and scarves!! Well thanks to Knitting Help I have decided to go ahead and learn how to knit!

Last but not least, here's my profile at Maya's Mom. I love this social/blog network for a few reasons... obvious reason number 1, my daughter's name is Maya! Also, it's very addicting, love the unique set up and you can find groups for pretty much anything.

If you're looking for some interesting blog reading, check out the "I Read" section on my sidebar!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll join you!! Peace and quiet would be wonderful!

Scylla said...

Great Haiku!!
I am a fellow internet addict as well...
I am sure there is a support group we can join!

the planet of janet said...

i would say we all need an intervention ... but then, what would i do without my bloggy friends?????

perhaps we can turn that rehab into a retreat!!

Anonymous said...

It won't let you escape its clutches. I sometimes wish I could.

Juliana said...

I can see that you join many community for moms :D Nice to meet you also in here.

Hmm...mayasmom dot com?? I will check it later. Have a nice weekend.

Btw, i am addicted with blog :D