Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rambling and Good News, Too!

One more day and NaBloPoMo is over for March. I might do it again, someday... but not for april, not soon.

I thought if I had to post everyday, it would somehow inspire me. Motivate me. I think the opposite has happened. The pressure of not wanting to mess it up was just too much, and when I feel like I am being forced into something... well, I hate that. Now that I can blog at my own pace, I will most likely post almost every day anyway... but I won't feel like I have to, and I will be more relaxed, and blog for me, which is what I intended this blog to be all about in the first place.

Everything has been so crazy these days. My sister was injured in a car accident and is going to be having surgery, my daughter has a pretty bad cold, I've been pretty busy with my volunteer work and the Obama campaigning, and some days I'm just tired. The coumadin I have to take every day messes with me, and I hate it. Maybe I will have more answers after my heamatologist appointment in April. (For those who don't know, I take coumadin, which is a strong blood thinner... well, actually it's rat poison haha... due to being hospitalized with a pulmonary embolism in January).

I had a point when I started typing, really I did. I guess what I am trying to say is, now that the pressure is off I will feel more relaxed and blog more freely. I love this whole concept, and I love the sense of community in some parts of the internet world. I have "met" through various online journals such as mine many awesome people. Many great moms, artists, writers. I love being a part of this and I feel like I came on strong and lately I have been so... disconnected. I know I still have readers, I see my site stats... and that's great. I still read all my faves, too. I may not comment as much as I used to but, I still love everyone as I said in an earlier post. But from now on, I am blogging for me, not because NaBloPoMo says I have to. I know it was my choice and I am glad I experienced it, I am. It has taught me that I am better off blogging for myself, and reading other blogs for my own enjoyment and education and enrichment, and for the sense of community I love so much.

I tend to ramble a lot when I'm exhausted. Heh.

Onto something a little more coherent and concrete... I got that job I wanted! I start tomorrow morning, and I am super excited. I am going to be working for a well-known, major photo company. I'm going to do lab work in a photo lab, as well as working with customers, cameras, photography equipment, etc. I am sooooooo excited about this.

It pays a lot more than my last job paid, too. I wasn't expecting that. My new manager, I like him already. He talks a lot, like I do... the "interview" was more like a fantastic conversation between two people with a common interest. So this should work out nicely.

I am also excited about all the things I am going to learn about photography now!

I have to be up bright and early for my first day, so... probably best I get my butt away from this computer and into bed, no?

5 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Congrats on the new job! Woohoo you!

Y'know, I have blogged just about every single day for over two years. I've certainly gone well over a year with consecutive daily posts. Yet, when I did NaBloPoMo last November, blogging felt like torture. It's so much easier knowing that you don't really have to do it.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Congratulations on the new job...I like your blog and your passion...Your blog actually came up when I googled Good News...I was having flat day and it was good to read someone on the globe is going well...A

Sweets said...

congrats!!!! that's great ;) how cool is abbey finding your blog with good news?!

Angie said...

Congratulations on the new job! You're a very busy lady. Hope your sister will be okay and your daughter's cold gets better. How's the Obama campaign going in Pennsylvania? Our local office just opened Saturday. They were expecting about 80 people and close to 300 volunteers showed up! It was awesome.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Sweets, i like to think of it as a little bit of serendipity that got me over here..now I can watch the elections through Mandys eyes...